In this episode of "Book Vs. Movie" the Margos try to reel in the differences between 1974 bestseller from Peter Benchley and the Stephen Spielberg classic from 1975. (See what we did there?)
"Book Vs Movie" compares and constrasts the differences between the two and uncovered a few amazing pieces of trivia along the way.
In this epsiode we discuss:
- Peter Benchley's back story and his interest in sharks
- The biggest differences between book and movie including a mayor in debt to the mob and our beloved Ellen Brody playing a depressed housewife who seeks solace with Hooper (Really!)
- The number of "Bruces" in the film
- The real age of Robert Shaw who played Quint (You will not believe how old he really was!)
- And the on-set fights and mishaps that somehow produced a classic
- We finally decide which is better: the book or the movie.